Associate Consultant – M-Kyala Ventures Uganda
Who we are
M-Kyala Ventures is a specialised strategy and advisory firm whose main aim is to design and deploy projects that drive access to finance for women entrepreneurs in Africa. The firm was set up in 2020 by Carolyne Kirabo a notable and highly reputed professional in the entrepreneurial and women economic empowerment ecosystem in East Africa and has a presence in Kampala and Nairobi.
Since inception we have supported multiple international organisations to develop relevant financial and non-financial support structures to reach over 1000 women entrepreneurs. The support we provide enables organizations to analyze their existing processes and identify opportunities to develop and strengthen their gender approaches. This helps to place them in a better position to deliver measurable and sustainable value to women entrepreneurs.
Our passion is to enable equitable opportunities for access to capital for women entrepreneurs in Africa’s entrepreneurship ecosystem.
Joining our small and growing team will enable you to be part of pioneering work in the field of gender lens investing and particularly to impact women entrepreneurs in valuable way.
- Participate in ongoing and new projects as assigned performing tasks including but not limited to research, project structuring and analysis, report writing, and additional supportive tasks as assigned by the project leader
- Coordinate project activities for all Uganda focussed projects
- Actively seek out potential work partnerships and relevant projects on women economic empowerment in Uganda
- Represent M-Kyala Ventures at relevant industry and sector convenings
- Build strong local and international partnerships on behalf of M-Kyala Ventures in Uganda
- Recommend improvements and provide regular feedback to the team on the strategic positioning of M-Kyala Ventures in Uganda
Experience and skills
Please note that we are building out this role with the expectation that in a year or two you can be promoted to lead our operations in Uganda.
We are therefore looking for an individual that has a strong understanding of the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Uganda, has a passion for women entrepreneurship and is willing to learn while regularly providing feedback and ideas for growth. This role will require the flexibility to take on different tasks and occasionally wear different hats. To succeed in this role, you will need to have the highest level of work ethic and integrity.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in project management, working as part of a project team within in a consulting firm, audit firm or investment firm and or entrepreneur support organisation
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use key reporting and analytical digital tools
- Experience as an entrepreneur is an added advantage
- Excellent command in spoken and written English is a MUST
Interested applicants should share their resumé along with your salary and benefits expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, Associate Consultant Uganda
Application deadline: 31st January 2023